Monday, June 02, 2008

Australian PM attacks decision to join war in Iraq - Yahoo! News

Australian PM attacks decision to join war in Iraq

Yahoo! News

This is very interesting as the Australians are no longer in the Commonwealth and are now a Republic. Also the minimum wage there is $23 ... from an Aussie I met last night on the bus ... The Australians are likely extremely upset and angry (going crazy on this news).

Sidenote: my new Aussie friend is willing to play "football" i.e. soccer ... and "Rugger" i.e. rugby ... but "Australian Rules Football" not a chance. He was some kind of nice guy to meet who was also a diving instructor who is off to Tobermory today to visit some old ships. I have a hunch since he is here for 6 weeks, I am going to bump into him again ... now I cannot shake my "Australian Accent" ....

No comments: